SEARCH MY BLOG using KEY WORDS

About My Blog

My photo
I enjoy doing fun things outdoors. Family adventures, hunting, fishing, hiking, photography, 4 wheeling, etc. Get out there and enjoy ... NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON MY PHOTOS IN THE BLOG POST SO THEY WILL BECOME LARGER.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Beaver Brook - Hollis, NH

Kevin invited his friend Clark to go on a hike in Beaver Brook. It was a nice sunny day with a cool breeze that kept the bugs down. I quickly realized I was the odd man out when Kevin asked that I hang back 25 or 30 yards so they could hike themselves. Should I feel hurt or is it part of the journey into manhood for 11 year old boys?

We hiked to the big rock by the beaver dam. We saw a Northern Water Snake with a fish partially swallowed. We tried to maneuver so it would come out of the water so I could get a good picture. This partial head shot is all I was able to get. It ended up swimming across the brook to the other side and disappearing in the sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

POPULAR POSTS FROM MY BLOG.